At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: ES42G||Category: z/OS / Parallel Sysplex|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4.5|
This intermediate course should include system and subsystem programmers and personnel responsible for the implementation of the hardware and software for a Parallel Sysplex.
Experience in the following areas is recommended:
- Installing and testing z/OS and related products
- HCD coding
- PARMLIB settings
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Unit 1: Sysplex: Overview and definitions Lab 2: Building two stand-alone systems
- Unit 2: Base sysplex definitions and commands
- Unit 3: Hardware Management Console Lab 3: Building a two system base sysplex
- Unit 4: Base sysplex migration to Parallel Sysplex
- Unit 5: Coupling Facility architecture
- Lab 4: Base to Parallel Sysplex migration dynamically Lab 5: Dynamically add a third CF to sysplex
- Lab 6: Implementation of CF exploiters
- Unit 6: Sysplex operation and recovery
- Lab recovery
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London