At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: ES84G||Category: z/OS / RACF|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4.5|
This course is for security personnel and CICS support personnel responsible for designing, implementing, or administering RACF security for CICS Transaction Server systems.
You should be familiar either with:
- RACF (perhaps as a security administrator) or with CICS (perhaps as a member of your CICS technical support staff).
It is not assumed or necessary that you already be familiar with both RACF and CICS.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Welcome, course introduction, and administration
- Unit 1 – CICS overview
- Exercise 1 – CICS familiarization
- Unit 2 – RACF overview
- Exercise 2 – RACF familiarization
- Unit 2 lab review
- Unit 3 – Protecting the CICS region
- Exercise 3 – Protecting the CICS region
- Unit 4 – Sign-on security
- Exercise 4 – Sign-on security
- Unit 5 – Transaction security
- Exercise 5 – Transaction security
- Unit 6 – CICS resource and SPI command security
- Exercise 6 – CICS resource security and SPI command security
- Unit 7 – CICS intercommunication bind and link security
- Unit 8 – CICS intercommunication conversation security
- Lab Review
- Unit 9 – Securing CICSPlex SM
- Unit 10 – Planning for implementation
- Unit 11 – CICS and DB2 security
- Unit 12 – CICS Web Services security
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London