At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: AN18G||Category: IBM AIX / AIX Essentials|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 2|
This intermediate course is intended for persons who manage AIX servers that utilize SAN-backed storage and who would like to know how to manage Fibre Channel attached devices to AIX and Virtual I/O Servers.. The audience for this training includes AIX technical support individuals, system administrators, and system architects.
Students must have basic AIX system administration experience and this prerequisite may be met by attending the following course and its prerequisites:
- AN12G Power Systems for AIX II AIX Implementation and Administration or
- AN14G AIX Jumpstart for Unix Professionals
Note: Students who are planning to be Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) administrators should take the following courses instead of this course to get more indepth virtual FC and VIOS content. This course is for AIX Administrators who need to understand using physical and virtual FC devices when using AIX.
- AN30G Power Systems for AIX – PowerVM I: Implementing Virtualization
- AN31G Power Systems for AIX – Virtualization II: Advanced PowerVM and Performance
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- AIX concepts and commands in a SAN environment
- AIX physical and virtual storage device management
- AIX boot strategies using SAN
- Storage server concepts and terminology
- Storage manager functions
- SAN fabric design elements
- SAN addressing
- Switches and zoning
- Using the Virtual I/O Server for Fibre Channel devices
- SAN Performance Monitoring Considerations
- FC problem determination process
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London