At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: AS5EG||Category: IBM i / System Administrator|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 3|
This intermediate course is for technical specialists, support/services individuals, individuals implementing LPARs for Power Systems with IBM i. This course is also appropriate for IBM Business Partners who sell and plan for consolidated systems.
You should have:
- some knowledge of Power Systems architectural concepts
- some experience with Power Systems
- attended Hardware Management Console (HMC) for Power Systems with IBM i (OL52G) or have the equivalent knowledge
Entry level knowledge of LPAR on current systems is helpful, but not required.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- PowerVM for IBM i – Overview
- Power Systems for IBM i
- Exercise – Lab introduction
- Introduction to System Planning Tool
- Exercise – SPT introduction
- Virtualization of IBM i – Processor, Memory, Processor Pools
- Virtualization of IBM i – Virtual I/O
- Exercise – Ethernet connection virtualization
- Virtualization of IBM i – Installation from NFS or VIOS repository
- Exercise – Installation from NFS or VIOS repository
- Implementation of IBM i on Power Blades
- PowerVM for IBM i – NPIV
- Exercise: IBM i client partition with NPIV connected disks
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London