At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: XTR52G||Category: IBM PureData Systems / IBM PureData Systems|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4|
This is an intermediate course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installation, configuration, and upgrading of System x Enterprise servers.
The prerequisite for this course is IBM System x Technical Principles (Enhanced) (XTR11G). It is also recommended that students have some experience with Intel-based computer hardware and Windows or Linux operating systems.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Unit 1: IBM eX5 architecture
- Unit 2: IBM eX5 Enterprise servers product overview
- Exercise 1: HX5 FlexNode configuration in AMM lab
- Day one review
- Unit 2 – IBM eX5 Enterprise servers product overview (cont.)
- Exercise 2: Install and configure Oracle VirtualBox
- Exercise 3: Create and configure virtual machines using Oracle VirtualBox
- Day two review
- Unit 3: IBM eX5 product review, IBM Smarter Planet, and virtualization background
- Exercise 4: Install Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
- Exercise 5: Create and configure virtual machines using Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V
- Day three review
- Unit 4: IBM virtualization solutions, hypervisors, and hypervisor deep-dives
- Exercise 6: Invoke RHEV virt-manager
- Exercise 7: Configure storage pools using virt-manager
- Exercise 8: Networking in RHEV
- Exercise 9: Configure and manage virtual machines through virt-manager
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London