At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: SS84G||Category: Tivoli / DFSMS|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4|
This is an intermediate course is for personnel responsible for developing and implementing effective storage management techniques using DFSMS.
You should take the following courses or equivalent knowledge may be substituted for these courses.
- Introduction to Storage (SS01G)
It is recommended that the student have programming experience which will aid in the writing of the ACS routines.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Unit 1 – Course introduction and DFSMS overview Lab 1 – ISMF
- Lab 1 – Review
- Unit 2 – Activating SMS
- Lab 2 – Activating SMS with minimal configuration
- Lab 2 – Review
- Unit 3 – Writing ACS routines
- Unit 4 – Managing temporary data sets
- Lab 3 – Managing temporary data sets
- Lab 3 – Review
- Unit 5 – Exploiting DFSMS
- Unit 6 – Managing permanent data sets
- Lab 4 – Managing permanent data sets
- Lab 4 – Review
- Unit 7 – Using NaviQuest
- Unit 8 – Device preparation and data movement
- Lab 5 – Volume and data set conversion to SMS
- Lab 5 – Review
- Unit 9 – Controlling DFSMS
- Lab 6 – System operations
- Unit 10 – Additional considerations
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London