At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: TZ213G||Category: Tivoli / NetView|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 2|
This intermediate-level course is for Administrators who are new to NetView for z/OS or are moving to version 6.1 from a previous version. SA z/OS customers who want to learn about NetView automation – NetView and customers who want an in-depth introduction to NetView automation will also benefit from this course.
You must be familiar with:
- networking concepts and practices and the techniques for monitoring a complex environment
Familiarity with previous versions of NetView is helpful, but not required.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
Unit 1: Introduction to NetView automation
- Lesson 1: Overview of automation concepts
- Lesson 2: Events and tasks
Unit 2: Message Automation topics
- Lesson 1: NetView and z/OS messages
- Lesson 2: Extended Message Management
- Lesson 3: Message Assignments
Unit 3: NetView commands to facilitate automation
- Lesson 1: NetView-to-NetView communication
- Lesson 2: Command routing
- Lesson 3: Timer commands
- Lesson 4: z/OS command management
Unit 4: Managing the NetView Automation Table
- Lesson 1: Automation Table overview
- Lesson 2: Automation Table management
Unit 5: NetView Automation Table coding
- Lesson 1: Automation Table coding
- Lesson 2: Management Services Units (MSUs)
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London