At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: F234G||Category: IBM Case Foundation / Case Foundation|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 1|
- A Workflow System Administrator who is responsible for day-to-day operations of a production IBM Case Foundation workflow application.
- A Workflow System Administrator who is typically required to help workflow participants to do the following tasks:
- Locate work and complete workflows
- Respond to management decisions that require changes to work items
- Gather information about workflow activity to help management make business decisions
- During the production phase, the Workflow System Administrator manages operation of the workflow application and communicates with users and managers. In the workflow application deployment phase, the Workflow System Administrator coordinates activities with the Workflow Author to plan and control workflow application implementation into the production environment.
Prerequisite skills and knowledge for this unit are:
- Familiarity with Windows 2008 operating systems.
- Familiarity with Java and Java Virtual Machines.
- General knowledge of relational database management systems.
- General knowledge of P8 Platform security concepts.
- General workflow terminology:
- Workflow definitions
- Start a P8 Platform system.
- Familiarity with P8 Platform administration interfaces, including:
- Administration Console for Content Platform Engine
- IBM Content Navigator
Recommended training path:
- F230 IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Introduction
- F231 IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Configure the Workflow System
- F232 IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Security
- F233 IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Maintain the Workflow System
- F234 IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Manage Work in Progress
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
Search for work
- Process Administrator
- Search options
- Viewing workflows and work items
- View and customize search results
- Ways to refine a search for work
- Use exposed fields in searches
- Use the Criteria tab to filter a search
- Search user queues
- View workflow history in Process Tracker
- Reasons to modify work
- Tools for modifying work
- Work item status
- Locking work
- About workflow properties
- Modify data field values
- Modify workflow groups
- Open workflow or work item in Process Tracker
- Modify an attachment reference
- Considerations for modifying work
Process and manage work
- Tools for processing and managing work
- Ways to complete work items
- Assign or reassign work to participants
- Terminate work
- Delete work
- Designate a substitute participant
- Unlock work
- Add and remove trackers
Manage workflow exceptions
- About workflow exceptions
- Conductor queue
- Get information about workflow exceptions
- View the information stack
- Modify workflows and work items
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London