At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: BE87G||Category: z/OS / RACF|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4.5|
This intermediate course is for people who are new to the RACF component of the z/OS Security Server, and responsible for security administration. This includes people who are planning to implement RACF for the first time, and people who are security administrators in installations where RACF is already implemented. Those inexperienced z/OS users might find the course Basics of z/OS RACF Administration (ES19) more appropriate.
Anyone planning to implement the advanced features of RACF should consider attending Implementing RACF Security for CICS (ES84), and Exploiting the Advanced Features of RACF (ES88)
You should be familiar with the facilities of the system, logging on to TSO and using ISPF. A knowledge of resources like data sets, DASD volumes, and programs is required to get the most benefit from the course. This knowledge might be obtained by attending Fundamental System Skills in z/OS (ES10), or consider taking Basics of z/OS RACF Administration (ES19) instead of this course. ES19 spends the first day covering these prerequisites and provides a more basic understanding of RACF than Effective RACF Administration (BE87).
You might also find it beneficial to attend z/OS Security Server RACF, Implementation and Customization (SZ81) to learn the implementation and customization of the z/OS security server RACF.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Unit 1 – Security and RACF overview
- Unit 2 – Administering groups and users
- Exercise 1 – Log on to the lab system
- Exercise 2 – Defining a RACF group structure
- Exercise 3 – User administration
- Exercise review
- Unit 2 – Administering groups and users (continued)
- Exercise 4 – Delegating security administration
- Unit 3 – Protecting z/OS data sets
- Exercise 5 – Protecting z/OS data sets: Part 1
- Exercise 5 – Protecting z/OS data sets: Part 1 (continued)
- Exercise 6 – Protecting z/OS data sets: Part 2 Exercise review
- Unit 4 – Introduction to user administration and delegation and general resources
- Exercise 7 – Password reset granularity
- Unit 5 – RACF database, tables, and performance options
- Unit 6 – RACF utilities and exits
- Unit 7 – RACF options
- Unit 8 – Auditing the RACF environment
- Exercise 8 – Using RACF for TSO administration (Optional)
- Exercise 9 – RACF utilities (Optional)
- Exercise 10 – RACF monitoring
- Exercise review
- Unit 9 – Storage management and RACF
- Unit 10 – Security for JES facilities
- Unit 11 – Security classification
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London