At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: CMW44G||Category: IMS / Administrator IMS|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4|
This is an intermediate course for IMS database administrators and application developers, who have responsibility for the integrity of IMS databases.
You should have some understanding of IMS Database internal structure and available IMS Utilities. This knowledge can be gained through attending the IBM IMS Physical Organization of Database Workshop (CM220 or CMW22) or equivalent work experience.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Introduction to Information Management System (IMS) Database Repair
- IMS Database Access Methods
- IMS Pointers
- Hierarchic Direct Databases
- Secondary Indexes
- Data Entry Data Bases (DEDB)
- DEDB Sequential Dependent Segments
- Examples of IMS Database Layouts
- IMS Database Corruption
- Verifying Full Function DB Integrity
- Verifying DEDB Database Integrity
- IMS Database Repair Techniques
- Using the IMS Database Repair Facility
- Laboratory Exercises
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London