What’s new course in Red Hat Linux v8
for system administrators with experience in Red Hat, Centos and Fedora Linux
This training is intended for administrators of Red Hat-based Linux systems and their sister distributions such as CentOS and Fedora. During this training you will create your own Red Hat® 8 deployment in a simple way through an eminently practical workshop created from our experience as trainers and consultants to Cloud, Linux and DevOps.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux v8 includes important innovations in areas such as virtualization, container management, or network configuration that add to those already incorporated by systemd-based version 7 that completely changed the way it is managed this operating system.
Systems administrators, architects and pre-sale engineers with extensive UNIX or Linux experience. For new administrators we recommend taking one of our intensive GNU/Linux management courses first.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 Architecture
- Installation and migration from previous versions. Best practices
- What’s new in firewall and general network management
- Provisioning and configuring servers with yum, cockpit and composer
- Fundamental changes to the operating system including the Wayland-based desktop graphical environment, Authselect authentication, CHRony NTP configuration, and new versions of Phyton.
- New storage management technologies: Statris, VDO, NFS
- Improvements in container management
- Updating the Virtualization Environment (RHEV – oVirt)
- Problem determination and resolution
Note:Red Hat® is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. Sixe Engineering does not currently have a link with the Red Hat training department. We exclusively offers tailor-made training and consulting with own-made materials, purchased from third parties or with open licenses.
Duration of the course
This training is usually taught as a 3-day workshop in person or remotely. If administrators come from systems prior to Red Hat 7, an additional training day may be required.
All our training is delivered directly by our engineers. Only in this way can we guarantee the highest quality of our courses. The materials and laboratories we use are of our own making and based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses we have conducted over the last 12 years.