This training is aimed at Red Hat Linux 8 system administrators with or without docker experience and kubernetes who want to train in OpenShift, the market-leading PaaS (Platform as a Service) solution. During it you will start your own Red Hat® OpenShift Container Platform v4.12 deployment in a simple way through an eminently practical workshop created from our experience as Cloud, Linux and DevOps trainers and consultants.
System administrators, micro-service-based application developers, architects, devops teams, and pre-sales engineers with extensive UNIX or Linux experience with or without experience in dockers and kubernetes. For new administrators we recommend taking one of our intensive GNU/Linux management courses first.
- Container technologies on Linux: lxc, dockers, and runc.
- Red Hat Core OS
- Introduction to container-based application platforms.
- Solution architecture. Differences between OpenShift and Kubernetes
- On-premises deployment (KVM, PowerVC, LinuxOne), over cloud platforms (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud) and hybrid environments
- Installing a demo cluster with OpenShift 4. Platform startup and shutdown.
- Using the Admin Panel (Web and Console)
- Management of projects, users and quotas.
- Usage of persistent storage
- Networking, proxies and high availability
- Monitoring the environment
- Deploying and managing existing applications via Docker-Hub
- DevOps and CI with OpenShift Container Platform. Advanced deployments and test automation.
- Layers of security
- OpenShift Container Storage . Integration with IBM, EMC, Hitachi, and Object Storage (CEPH) storage systems.
- Integration with cybersecurity tools.
- Detection and mitigation of vulnerabilities in containers.
- Open laboratory
- Certifications available
Note:Red Hat® is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. Sixe Engineering does not currently have a link with the Red Hat training department. We exclusively offers tailor-made training and consulting with own-made materials, purchased from third parties or with open licenses.
The course is usually taught as a 3-day workshop. You might be interested in taking the Getting Started with dockers and kubernetes (2 days) course in advance. The contents and duration of the course can be modified at the request of our customers. We adapt to the needs of each client and team. In any case and to get the most out of this workshop, you need to master Linux system management.
All our training is delivered directly by our engineers. Only in this way can we guarantee the highest quality of our courses. The materials and laboratories we use are of our own making and based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses we have conducted over the last 12 years. We are also certified as Red Hat OpenShift 4 Delivery Specialist.
Our courses are deeply oriented to the role to play. The OpenShift domain needs that a team of developers may require as the system engineers responsible for deploying and managing this infrastructure are not the same. Neither is version 3.X and version 4, or an on-premises environment (over VMware/vSphere, kvm, or bare-metal) compared to those deployed on Amazon AWS, Power Systems, Google Cloud, or IBM Cloud. That is why beyond commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, skills and skills required for each project.
In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of the product, 4.12, which incorporates important improvements and new features.