Virtualization with VMWare ESXi & vSphere. Deployment and administration course.
This training is aimed at system administrators who want to launch from scratch a virtualized infrastructure with ESXi and its different components. An eminently practical workshop designed from our experience as trainers and consultants of Virtualization, Cloud and DevOps.
During the training you will acquire the knowledge, skills and capabilities to design a VMware vSphere virtual infrastructure®, teaching you through an eminently practical training and with your own laboratories to design a vMware vSphere solution virtualization that ensures availability, ease of management, good performance, disaster recovery without forgetting security, applying VMware best practices.
- Shared Virtualization (VMware Workstation and VMware Server)
- Dedicated Virtualization (ESXI VMware Hypervisor)
- Data Center Containment and Server Consolidation
- Types of Virtualization
Design and deploy infrastructure with VMWare ESXi
- Introduction to VMware vSphere 6. Components of the vSphere suite
- Introduction to ESX and VMware vSphere Hypervisor architectures
- REQUIREMENTs for ESX implementation
- Installing a vSphere Hypervisor (ESXI) and ESX server
- Accessing and managing a VMware ESX server using the vSphere Client
Managing with vSphere Center
- Installing and Configuring vCenter Server Components
- Environment management tasks with vCenter Server
- Storage configuration (iSCSI, SAN, NAS)
- Configuring virtual networks including VLANs
- Virtual machine management
- Resource monitoring and performance tuning
Scalability and High Availability (HA)
- Managing multiple vCenter Server inventories using VMware vCenter Linked Mode
- Manage ESX/ESXi configuration compliance using Host Profiles
- Create, configure, and manage distributed switches (D-SWITCHES) in vNetwork, network connections, and port groups
- Perform VMware vMotion migrations™
- Configure and manage a VMware Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) cluster
- Configure and manage VMware Distributed Power Management (DPM)
- Set up and manage a VMware High Availability cluster
- Configure fault-tolerant virtual machines using VMware Fault Tolerance
System administrators, architects and pre-sales engineers with previous experience on UNIX or Linux systems. For new administrators we recommend taking one of our intensive GNU/Linux management courses first.
Duration of the course
The course is usually taught as a 4-day workshop. However, the contents and duration of the course can be modified at the request of our customers.
All our training is delivered directly by our engineers. Only in this way can we guarantee the highest quality of our courses. The materials and laboratories we use are of our own making and based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses we have conducted over the last 12 years.