IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.13 (Tivoli Storage Manager – TSM) Courses
IBM Spectrum Protect (ex- Tivoli Storage Manager / TSM) is the leading backup solution for small, medium and large enterprises. We offer both official and bespoken training. With our help you will be able to install, configure, monitor and optimize the performance of IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.13 in AIX, Red Hat / Suse Linux or Windows environments. Includes official materials and IBM diploma.
Basic administration module (5 days)
- IBM Spectrum Protect 8.13 features and enhancements over previous releases
- IBM Spectrum Protect 8.13 installation: backup/archiving server and client.
- Navigate the administration interfaces. GUI and console usage.
- Administration of a tape library, configuration of drives and access paths to them. Understanding the life cycle of tapes.
- Create and manage storage pools and storage pool volumes. Use of container-based pools and migration from legacy environments based on “file” and “block” device classes.
- Data de-duplication and encryption options.
- DB2 Database Administration, Protection and Recovery
- Configuring the backup/archiving client
- Perform customer data backup, archiving and restore tasks
- IBM Spectrum Protect and Storage Pools
- Planning administrative tasks
- Server and client monitoring of messages and events
Advanced management module (5 days)
- Advanced options
- Configuration of two replicated servers
- Backup to cloud
- LAN-Free backup
- Advanced tape library management
- Disaster recovery plans
- Advanced data retention policies
- Performance tuning and advanced monitoring
- IBM recommended best practices
30h per module, spread over 5 days
Our courses have dedicated labs where you can install, configure and practice different use cases in a fully functional IBM Spectrum Protect environment with one or two servers (if replication is configured).
System and storage administrators who need to learn how to successfully and fully autonomously use IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) or Spectrum Protect Plus.
Technical support and consulting
If you need additional help, we offer
remote technical support
and IBM Spectrum Protect (TSM) consulting services. We also audit licenses and any deployment in operation, proposing measures to improve data recovery times as well as high availability plans (with backup servers) and DR to tape or cloud.