At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: ES85G||Category: z/OS / Operations z/OS|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4.5|
This advanced course is for z/OS systems programmers, experienced performance analysts and performance administrators, UNIX Services support personnel, and other experienced I/S professionals who want to update their RMF and performance management skills to include the latest z/OS e-business and zEnterprise ensemble runtime environments.
A working knowledge of the z/OS operational environment is assumed, including a basic knowledge of WLM, UNIX System Services, and Parallel Sysplex. Previous experience or training in z/OS measurement and tuning and RMF are also assumed. Such training can be obtained by attending course: Basic z/OS Tuning Using the Workload Manager (WLM) (ES540)
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Unit 1: z/OS advanced performance overview Unit 2: Tuning Parallel Sysplex
- Exercise 1: Introduction to your system Exercise 2: Tuning Parallel Sysplex
- Unit 3: Workload Manager and performance
- Unit 4: zAAPs and zIIPs: Specialty processors
- Unit 5: Monitoring and tuning UNIX System Services
- Unit 5: Monitoring and tuning UNIX System Services (continued)
- Exercise 3: USS batch performance Exercise 4: USS classification
- Unit 6: Advanced Workload Management and Resource Monitoring functions
- Exercise 5: z/OSMF and performance management
- Exercise 5: z/OSMF and performance management (continued)
- Unit 7: zEnterprise Platform Performance Management
- Exercise 6: Cross platform monitoring with RMF XP
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London