At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: ZV20G||Category: z/OS / z/VM|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4.5|
The audience for this course is VM system programmers who are responsible for the support of Linux guest systems that require knowledge of DirMaint and RACF Security Server for z/VM.
You would need to attend Installing, Configuring and Servicing z/VM for Linux Guests (ZV062) or zVM and zLinux Bootcamp (ZL000) courses or have equivalent knowledge to successfully complete this course.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Welcome and Introductions
- Unit 1: DirMaint and RACF overview
- Unit 2: Dirmaint implementation
- Exercise 1: z/VM logon overview
- Exercise 2: DirMaint implementation
- Unit 3: DirMaint operations and commands
- Exercise 3: DirMaint command and operation
- Unit 4: DirMaint additional topics and functions
- Exercise 4: DirMaint additional topics and functions
- Unit 5: z/VM RACF implementation overview
- Unit 6: RACF implementation process
- Exercise 5: RACF implementation
- Unit 7: RACF commands
- Exercise 6: RACF commands
- Unit 8: RACF functions and processes
- Exercise 7: RACF functions and processes
- Unit 9: RACF auditing, backups, DSMON, and Report Writer
- Exercise 8: RACF auditing, backups, DSMON, and Report Writer
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London