At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: F283G||Category: IBM FileNet / Filenet v5.2|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 0.6|
- System Administrators who are responsible for:
- Maintaining the IBM FileNet Content Manager domains.
- Administering development and production environments.
- Basic computer skills: Able to use computers, authenticate using a name and password, follow hyperlinks, and use common user interface elements such as buttons, menus, and tabs.
- Able to use IBM Content Navigator for typical content management tasks, including navigating object stores, downloading and uploading documents, checking in and checking out.
- Able to administer IBM Content Navigator, including configuring desktops.
- Recommended prerequisite courses:
- IBM Content Navigator 18.104.22.168: Administration (F271G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction (F280G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Build a FileNet Content Repository (F281G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Work with object metadata (F282G)
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Resolve access issues
- Security in the IBM FileNet P8 domain
- Security principals
- Users and groups
- Security realms
- IBM Content Navigator Desktop
- Login Errors
- Modify direct security
- Security sources
- Security sources and order of evaluation
- What is direct security?
- Access control from IBM Content Navigator
- Access control in Administration Console
- Permission groups
- Configure object store security
- Required accounts
- Configure object store administrators and users
- Example security scenario
- Overview of initial security configuration
- Super groups
- Security Script Wizard
- Root folder security
- Configure class and property security
- Default instance security
- Setting default instance security
Property modification security
- Configure property modification access
- System property modification
- Configure security inheritance
- Overview of security inheritance
- Definition of terms
- Security inheritance architecture
- Characteristics of inherited permissions
- Methods for configuring security inheritance
- Use a security folder
- Use an object as a security proxy
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London