At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: F285G||Category: IBM FileNet / Filenet v5.2|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 1|
Administrators who are responsible for
- Migrating and deploying IBM FileNet Content Manager Applications between environments.
Solution Builders who are responsible for
- Packaging IBM FileNet Content Manager Applications in preparation for migration and deployment to other environments.
- IBM Content Navigator 184.108.40.206: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge (F270G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction, or equivalent knowledge (F280G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Work with object metadata, or equivalent knowledge (F282G)
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Security, or equivalent knowledge (F283G)
- FileNet P8 terminology, including: Content Platform Engine, IBM Content Navigator, object stores, objects.
- Configuring desktops in IBM Content Navigator.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
Application migration overview
- Describe the process of moving IBM FileNet Content Manager Applications between environments.
- Identify the IBM FileNet Content Manager Application elements.
- Order and describe the migration and deployment phases.
- List the tools that are used for application migration and deployment.
Plan and prepare for application migration
- Explore the Sales Application package.
- Verify object store Add-ons.
- Create a deployment tree.
- Create a source environment.
- Create a destination environment.
- Extract the destination environment half maps.
Export the application assets
- Export the FileNet P8 application assets.
- Extract the service data half map.
- Create a deploy package.
- Export an IBM Content Navigator desktop.
Convert and analyze the FileNet P8 assets
- Prepare for asset conversion
- Convert the FileNet P8 assets
- Run a pre-import analysis
Import the application assets
- Run prerequisite tasks.
- Import the FileNet P8 assets.
- Import the Sales desktop.
Automate deployment operations with FileNet Deployment Manager command line
- FileNet Deployment Manager command line introduction.
- Deployment Operation command line syntax.
- Deployment operations.
- How to create a deployment operation file.
- Start and Stop System Components.
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London