At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: CMW11G||Category: IMS / Administrator IMS|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 3|
This is an intermediate-level course for system programmers and technical support individuals, who need to understand installation, customization, administration, and maintenance on an IMS DB/TM system.
You should have completed:
- IMS Fundamentals (CM010) or IMS Fundamentals – Web (CMW01) or have equivalent knowledge
You should also have:
- Some system programming experience with IMS systems.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- IMS Packaging and Overview
- IMS Installation and IVP
- Transaction Flow: Input Messages
- Transaction Scheduling and Execution
- IMS Locking, IMS Logger and Syncpoint Processing
- Connecting IMS to CICS and DB2
- The IMS Gen and Online Change
- IMS Data Sharing, the Common Services Layer, and Dynamic Resource Definition
- More Functions that Improve IMS Availability
- Prepare the IVP System and IMS for Education
- IMS DB/DC System SYS3 Execution
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London