At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: ES68G||Category: WebSphere / z/OS|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 4.5|
This advanced course is for experienced z/OS system programmers responsible for the installation and customization of WAS V8, along with Information Technology (IT) professionals responsible for the deployment of EJB and web applications into WAS V8 on z/OS.
Teams of two or three individuals from an enterprise are recommended to attend. Teams should include the z/OS system programmer responsible for the installation of WAS V8, an application assembler responsible for deploying EJB and web applications, and possibly a WAS specialist. The range of skills needed for deploying WebSphere eBusiness applications is such that it is rare for one IT professional to have expertise in all areas of WebSphere.
You should have:
- Experience with the installation and customization of z/OS and its subsystems, including WLM, TCP/IP, UNIX Services, and the Security Server (Resource Access Control Facility (RACF)), or equivalent product.
This course, just as the WAS V8 product does, assumes that the initial z/OS infrastructure basics have already been implemented, including WLM Goal Mode, Resource Recovery Services (RRS), and the System Logger. The basic implementation of these z/OS subsystems or functions are not covered in this course. Individuals who need training in the implementation of the prerequisite subsystems and functions should consider completing other appropriate courses in the curriculum prior to attending this course.
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
- Unit 1: Introduction to WebSphere for z/OS V8
- Unit 2: Installing the WebSphere V8 stand-alone server (Part 1)
- Unit 2: Installing the WebSphere V8 stand-alone server (Part 2)
- Lab 1: Installing the stand-alone server
- Unit 3: Deploying applications with WebSphere V8 administration tool
- Lab 2: Administration of WebSphere V8 servers and applications Unit 4: The WebSphere V8 web container
- Lab 3: Installing the WebSphere for z/OS V8 HTTP server plug-in
- Unit 5: Network deployment
- Unit 6: Assembling and deploying a J2EE application Lab 4: Installing the network deployment environment Lab 5: (Optional) WebSphere connectors: JDBC lab Lab 6: (Optional): WebSphere proxy server
- Unit 7: WebSphere V8 security (Part 1)
- Unit 7: WebSphere V8 security (Part 2)
- Unit 8: Accessing data: Connectors and Java messaging on WebSphere Unit 9: Liberty Profile, zAAPs, WLM and performance
- Lab 7: (Optional): WebSphere Liberty Profile
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London