At Sixe Engineering we have been providing official IBM training around the world for over 12 years. Get the best training from our specialists in Europe. We have important discounts and offers for two or more students.
|IBM course code: F237G||Category: IBM Case Foundation / Case Foundation|
|Delivery: Online & on-site**||Course length in days: 1|
- Workflow System Administrator responsible for deploying the workflow application into other environments, for example Quality Assurance testing or Production.
- Workflow Author responsible for developing FileNet workflow applications who needs to package the application in preparation for deployment to other environments.
- Anyone who needs to deploy FileNet workflow applications from one environment to another.
Prior knowledge that is required:
- Basic knowledge of organization’s business process applications.
- Basic knowledge of database technology.
- PCs, networks, and their organization’s server operating systems at the expert level
- Prerequisite courses:
- F115G IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2: Implementation and Administration
- F230G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Introduction
- F231G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Configure the workflow system
- F232G IBM Case Foundation 5.2.1: Workflow security
The great majority of the IBM courses we offer are taught directly by our engineers. This is the only way we can guarantee the highest quality. We complement all the training with our own materials and laboratories, based on our experience during the deployments, migrations and courses that we have carried out during all these years.
Our courses are deeply role oriented. To give an example, the needs for technology mastery are different for developer teams and for the people in charge of deploying and managing the underlying infrastructure. The level of previous experience is also important and we take it very seriously. That is why beyond (boring) commands and tasks, we focus on solving the problems that arise in the day to day of each team. Providing them with the knowledge, competencies and skills required for each project. In addition, our documentation is based on the latest version of each product.
Agenda and course syllabus
How to move FileNet workflow applications
- Elements of a FileNet workflow application
- Understand the migration and deployment process
- What are the deployment phases?
- What tools are used for application deployment?
Prepare for application deployment
- Assemble deployment instructions.
- Identify the FileNet application artifacts and assets.
- Verify source and destination environment compatibility.
Export the application assets
- Export FileNet P8 domain assets
- Create or update export manifest
- Export assets to a deployment dataset
- Extract the source environment half maps
- Create a deployment package
- Export other IBM and external assets
- Export user interface assets
Convert and analyze the FileNet P8 assets
- Prepare the destination environment
- Extract the destination environment half maps
- Create a source-destination pair definition
- Create the conversion data maps
- Converting assets for import
- Perform a change impact analysis
Import the application assets
- Import pre-requisite assets
- Import FileNet P8 assets
- Import non-FileNet P8 assets
Use the FDM command line interface
- Introduction to the command line interface
- Deployment operations
- Solutions to Exercises.
- Start and Stop System Components.
Do you need to adapt this syllabus to your needs? Are you interested in other courses? Ask us without obligation.
Locations for on-site delivery
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels, Ghent
- Denmark: Cophenhagen
- Estonia: Tallinn
- Finland: Helsinki
- France: Paris, Marseille, Lyon
- Germany: Berlin, Munich, Cologne, Hamburg
- Greece: Athens, Thessaloniki
- Italy: Rome
- Louxemburg: Louxembourg (city)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Norway: Oslo
- Portugal: Lisbon, Braga, Porto, Coimbra
- Slovakia: Bratislava
- Slovenia: Bratislava
- Spain: Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barcelona, Bilbao, Málaga
- Sweden: Stockholm
- Turkey: Ankara
- United Kingdom: London